Golf Carts & Utility Terrain Vehicles
In 2011, the Village of Maple Park approved an ordinance allowing golf carts and utility terrain vehicles on village streets. Over the weekend, people were reported to have been driving the golf carts that were under age. You must be over the age of 18 to drive a golf cart or utility terrain vehicle on Maple Park Streets.
The requirements are as follows:
- Proof of Current Insurance: Driver must carry proof of insurance with the vehicle.
- Driver’s License: Driver must have a current valid government issued driver’s license.
- Age requirement: Drive must be of the age of eighteen (18).
- Required Equipment: Golf carts and utility terrain vehicles must be equipped as follows:
- Brakes and brake lights;
- A steering wheel apparatus;
- Rear view mirror;
- Approve “slow moving vehicle” emblem on the rear of the vehicle;
- Headlight that emits a white light visible from a distance of three hundred feet (300″) to the front of which must be illuminated when in operation;
- Tail lamp that emits a red light visible form a distance of at least one hundred feet (100′) from the rear which must be illuminated when in operation;
- Any additional requirement s which may be required by 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/11-1426.1, as amended.
Please familiarize yourself with this code. Chapter 11 Golf Carts and Utility Terrain Vehicles (0 downloads)