Golf Carts & Utility Terrain Vehicles
In 2011, the Village of Maple Park approved an ordinance allowing golf carts and utility terrain vehicles on village streets.
The requirements are as follows:
- Proof of Current Insurance: Driver must carry proof of insurance with the vehicle.
- Driver’s License: Driver must have a current valid government issued driver’s license.
- Age requirement: Drive must be of the age of eighteen (18).
- Required Equipment: Golf carts and utility terrain vehicles must be equipped as follows:
- Brakes and brake lights;
- A steering wheel apparatus;
- Rearview mirror;
- Approve “slow moving vehicle” emblem on the rear of the vehicle;
- Headlight that emits a white light visible from a distance of three hundred feet (300″) to the front of which must be illuminated when in operation;
- Taillamp that emits a red light visible form a distance of at least one hundred feet (100′) from the rear which must be illuminated when in operation;
- Any additional requirement s which may be required by 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/11-1426.1, as amended.
Familiarize yourself with this code. Chapter 11 Golf Carts and Utility Terrain Vehicles (0 downloads)