• ComEd for electricity – www.comed.com or (800) 334-7661
ComEd Emergency If you have an electric emergency requiring heightened attention, it is important to call ComEd immediately at 1-800-Edison-1 (1-800-334-7661). Never email your emergency request. This would include reporting wires down, electric contact/shock, or other potential danger.
Storm Center to get the latest information on outages in the service territory.
Outage Map you can view all outages in the ComEd service area at once and zoom in and get details on specific areas, such as the estimated restoration time & status of crews working to resolve problems.
Outage Alerts Need to report an outage? Text the word OUT to 26633 (ComEd) and get updates until your power is restored. Click the link to learn more and to sign up.
Mobile App Gain the flexibility and convenience of managing your ComEd Residential account on the go with ComEd’s FREE mobile app for iPhone® and Android™ devices.
- NICOR for gas – www.nicorgas.aglr.com or (800) 642-6748
- Frontier for phone – www.frontier.com or (800) 921-8101
- Frontier for internet – www.frontierinternet.com
- Mediacom for cable – www.mediacomcable.com or (800) 479-2082
- Village of Maple Park for water/sewer/garbage (815) 827-3309
- Union Pacific for Railroad Issues
Please call 1-888-UPRRCOP (877-7267) to report any of the following:
- Hazardous materials releases
- Personal injuries
- Criminal activities
- Illegal dumping
- Vehicles stuck / stalled on the tracks, or other track obstructions
- Other environmental issues, such as:
- Petroleum Spills
- Idling locomotives
- Engines with excessive smoke
- Community Contacts, Inc. We are a voluntary, non-profit, human service organization serving Kane and Dekalb counties in Illinois. We are dedicated to helping low and moderate income families attain and maintain safe and affordable housing.
- Conley Outreach Our mission is to provide and coordinate community mental health and human service programs in rural Western Kane County by understanding community needs, creating systems of support, and collaborating with other community and faith-based partners.
- CUE Center for Missing Persons Non-profit CUE Center for Missing Persons, which is focused on finding the missing, advocating for their causes, and supporting their families.
- DeKalb County Economic Development Corporation DCEDC is a public/private partnership working to facilitate sustainable and diversified economic growth within DeKalb County.
- Family Watch Dog – Is there a sexual predator living in your neighborhood? Check here to find out.
- First Institute Training and Management First Institute has been offering exciting new career paths to the residents of Northern Illinois in Travel, Computer Technologies and Health Care.
- Fox Valley Wildlife Center The Fox Valley Wildlife Center is a private, not-for-profit organization in Elburn, Illinois, that cares for orphaned and injured wildlife. We provide hospital care for wild animals who need help and have been impacted by man in some way.
- Illinois Department of Employment Security (IDES) Your gateway to Illinois workforce and career informaiton.
- Illinois Worknet Illinois workNet® Portal and Program utilizes partnerships and technology to expand seamless and real-time access to workforce development resources aimed at individuals, businesses and workforce professionals.
- Kane County Department of Employment and Education KCDEE can help you find your career passion, grow your career skills or achieve your career dreams. We offer programs and services for individuals who are unemployed, underemployed, recently laid off, or returning to the workplace.
- Kane County Forest Preserve To acquire, hold and maintain lands within Kane County that contribute to the preservation of natural and historic resources, habitats, flora, and fauna; and to restore, restock, protect and preserve such lands for the education, recreation, and pleasure of all its citizens.
- Kane County Recycles Information Kane County Recycling Green Guide (196 downloads)
- Maple Park Baseball The goal of our team is to provide a safe and productive environment that enables children to learn and apply the principles of teamwork, discipline, dedication, and sportsmanship. Participation in our team is open to all boys and girls in the Kaneland area.
- Maple Park Fun Fest is a classic small town festival geared for big time entertainment. Occurring over Labor Day Weekend, Fun Fest has provided the perfect way to celebrate summer’s end for over 10 years. Visitors enjoy live entertainment, a huge arts and crafts show, car show, 5K Fun Run, Parade, FIREWORKS, and of course, the famous Toilet Bowl Races – those are just a few of the highlights!
- Maple Park Library District Online Card Catalog, E-Books, Digital Audio Books, Event Activities, Internet access, wifi, fax, and copying. The District encompasses the Village of Maple Park, Heritage Hills, Settlement, Squires crossing subdivisions, Virgil Township west of Meridith Road, east of County Line Road, north of Route 38 and south of Route 64.
- Pace Bus Recent gas price spikes are leading more people to consider transit for their commuting needs. With nearly 200 bus routes in addition to other programs and services, chances are Pace has an answer for those looking to save on their commuting expenses.
- Valley Industrial Association The Valley Industrial Association (VIA) is exclusively for manufacturers and those businesses in Northern Illinois which serve manufacturing in the Fox Valley area, including Kane, Kendall, DeKalb and Western DuPage counties.
- Waste Management Phone (800) 796-9696 Waste Management provides residential solid waste collection services for municipalities, regional authorities, single-family homes, individual subscription services and homeowner associations across North America.
- Waubonsee Community College Small Business Development Center Small business owners, both prospective and existing, can obtain essential management, marketing and financial counseling. We offer FREE one-on-one counseling and a wide variety of events and workshops to help make your business a success.