Following is a link to a memo from our Village Administrator Dawn Wucki-Rossbach regarding grants and loan assistance for small businesses during this COVID-19 pandemic.
Governor Pritzker has extended the Stay at Home Order until the end of April. The Stay at Home order will continue to permit a range of essential activities but as always, we encourage you to all remain vigilant and practice social distancing and proper sanitization. The link to the Governor’s full order can be seen at the link below,
Together, we will all get through this!
MAPLE PARK STRONG!!
At 3:00 p.m. today, Governor Pritzker issued an Executive Order in response to COVID-19 (COVID-19 Executive Order No. 8.) The Executive Order is effective beginning at 5:00 p.m., Saturday, March 21, 2020 and extends through April 7, 2020. The Executive Order states the following:
- All people should stay at home, practice social distancing requirements and are only allowed to leave your home for Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions or to operate Essential Businesses and Operations.
- Law enforcement offices are to cease enforcement of evictions for residential properties; this does not relieve any individual of the obligation to pay rent, make mortgage payments or to comply with other obligations they may have as tenants or mortgagees.
The link to read the official Executive Order #8 COVID-19 is below:
To the residents and business owners in Maple Park, please know that during this trying time, Village Staff is continuing to work for you. The Police Department will continue their revised response to calls, building inspection services will still be available, Public Works Staff will continue to operate as normal regarding water, sewer and street related activities. Village Administration will be working remotely and will continue to take phone calls and attempt to conduct daily activities during normal business hours.
Please keep an eye on the Village’s web site for updated information on Village operations!
We are resilient and together we will endure and move past this; please take care of and be kind to each other, check on an elderly neighbor or offer to pick up groceries for them so they don’t have to leave their homes. Read a good book, do a craft with the kids, take a nap or clean out the closet you’ve been meaning to. A little bit of self-care during this stressful time is a good thing!
Take care and stay healthy!
The Village of Maple Park
The Village of Maple Park, with an overabundance of caution, has decided to close the Civic Center to the public beginning on Thursday March 19th, which also includes Maple Park village hall. We will continue to staff the offices and operate as normal and are still available to answer your calls.
We also will be handling building permits on an appointment only basis – just give us a call at 815-827-3309 and we can set up an appointment time for you to come in to village hall to drop off or pick up your completed permit.
As always, you can pay your water/utility bill online through the e-Pay system, drop your payment off at the Drop Box located outside of village hall, or through your banking institution.
We sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience, understanding, and vigilance as we all work through this very difficult time. We are all in this together!
The Maple Park Police Department will be implementing the following procedural changes in response to the COVID-19 situation.
Please access the letter from Chief Stiegemeier at the link below.
- We are cancelling any scheduled rentals for the gym and kitchen, and will not be taking any additional reservations of those facilities until after March 30th, as we will continue to monitor and assess the situation before that date. This includes the access to gym walking in the mornings. We realize this will be an inconvenience to those of you that frequently utilize the facilities on a regular basis, and we apologize for having to make such a drastic decision. But in the best interest of the health and safety of all our residents, we felt this was the right thing to do.
- We encourage you to pay your water bills on line through our e-Pay system link on the Village website (villageofmaplepark.org), place them in the drop box in front of the civic center, or utilize electronic payments through your bank.
- In light of the announcement to close all bars and restaurants effective at 9:00pm Monday, March 16th, curbside pickup or delivery may be available from your favorite establishments. We encourage you to contact them directly to see what services they may offer.
- All video gaming operations will also be suspended effective at 9:00 pm on Monday, March 16th through Monday, March 30th. This includes machines that are not located inside any bar or restaurant.
- We’ve also wanted you to be aware of the procedural changes in the Maple Park Police department, which is posted separately.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding, as together we attempt to move past this situation and on to better times.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at village hall at 815-827-3309.
The Village of Maple Park
The following information was received from the Kane County Health Department regarding the Coronavirus, COVID-19. There is some very useful and informative items for everyone. Just click on the link below.
Here are some additional links and how the Village of Maple Park is approaching the situation: