In DeKalb County, you can register to vote at the following places:
Tag: 2019 Consolidated Election
Illinois’ residents may register online, in person at the office of the election authority, at Driver’s license facilities, with deputy registrars who are appointed in each jurisdiction, or via mail using the Illinois Voter Registration Application available in English and Spanish.
Maple Park residents can verify their voter registration status by visiting the website of the County in which you live.
- If you live in DeKalb County, you can go to the DeKalb County Clerk’s Website at www.dekalb.il.electionconsole.com/voter-lookup.php. You will need the first name, last name and birth date of the person that you are looking up. If you find that the information is inaccurate, you will need to call the Clerk of the County in which you live. DeKalb County – (815) 895-7147.
- If you live in Kane County you can go to the Kane County Clerk’s website at www.KaneCountyElections.org/VoterInfo/Search.aspx. You will need the last name house number and street name of the person you are looking up. If you find that the information is inaccurate, you will need to call the Clerk of the County in which you live. Kane County – (815) 630-232-5990.
In order to register to vote an individual MUST:
- be a US Citizen, there is no waiting period for registration after the naturalization process.
- be 18 years old on or before the next Election Day.
- show two forms of identification, one containing their current Residential address.
- not be convicted of a crime and serving time in jail (a person in jail and awaiting trial or on probation may register to vote).
Residence Defined: A residential address is defined as a permanent dwelling, a place where a person actually lives (inhabits). No one may register from a place of business or office unless there is an area of residence contained in the facility. A person may not register from a hospital or mental health facility, but may register from a nursing home.
Proof of address may be in the following form(s) but not limited to:
- Illinois Driver’s License or State I.D.
- Any valid government issued form of identification, e.g. U.S. Passport, Firearm Owner’s I.D. card, student or employee I.D. card.
- Current piece of mail (must contain a postmark within 30 days).
- Current utility bill.
- Pre-printed check.
- Vehicle registration.
- Lease or contract for a residence.
If you have questions you can call the following phone numbers for more information:
Maple Park Village Clerk – (815) 827-3309
DeKalb County Clerk – (815) 827-7147
Kane County Clerk – (630) 232-5990
Do your civic duty and vote!
The next election is Tuesday, April 2, 2019, and this is where you will be able to elect Trustees to the Village of Maple Park Board of Trustees.
There will be 3 Maple Park Trustee seats on the ballot on April 2, 2019 Consolidated Election. Is it time for YOU to step up and have your voice heard? What better way than to be a Trustee!
Petition packets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at village office located at 302 Willow Street, Maple Park. Deadline to return the petition packets is December 17, 2018, at 5 p.m.
If you should have any questions please contact the Village Clerk at (815) 827-3309.