Vehicle stickers in Maple Park are $25 per vehicle, if purchased by May 31, 2019. After June 1, 2019, vehicle stickers will go up to $35 per vehicle. Don’t get caught having to pay a late fee.
Golf cart stickers are $15, if purchased by May 31, 2019.
After June 1, the cost is $25.
Golf Carts now require an inspection and a permit in Maple Park! ($15 permit fee per year)
A golf cart is defined in 625 ILCS 5/1-123.9 and means a vehicle specifically designed and intended for purposes of transporting one or more persons and their golf clubs or maintenance equipment while engaged in the playing of golf, supervising the play or maintaining the condition of grounds on a public or private golf course. A motorized vehicle with three (3) or four (4) wheels that is not designed to be operated at a speed of more than twenty-five (25) miles per hour.
All persons operating a golf cart or a utility terrain vehicle on the streets under the jurisdiction of the Village of Maple Park must ensure compliance with the following requirements:
- Proof of Liability Insurance – Driver must carry it with the vehicle at all times
- Valid Driver’s License
- Age Requirement – Driver must be age 18 or older
- Registration with the Village of Maple Park
- Required Equipment:
- Brakes and brake lights;
- A steering apparatus;
- Rearview mirror;
- Approved “slow moving vehicle” emblem on the rear of the vehicle;
- Headlight that emits a white light visible from a distance of at least 500 feet;
- Taillamp that emits a red light visible from a distance of at least 100 feet;
- Any additional requirements which may be required by the Illinois Compiled Statutes, as amended.
- Occupants: The maximum number of occupants in such vehicles shall be deemed to correspond with the total number of seats available on the particular vehicle.
- Golf Carts and Utility Terrain Vehicles require the following seating requirements. All children under the age of 13 must be securely fastened with a seat belt while the vehicle is in operation. Children that are unable to sit up on their own with a seat belt, must be secured in a proper child safety seat.
If the vehicle is not equipped with a turn signal, the operator of the vehicle will use current accepted hand signals to signal turning.
- MUST COMPLY WITH ALL TRAFFIC LAWS
- NO DRIVING ON SIDEWALKS
- VILLAGE STREETS ONLY – MUST STAY OFF OF COUNTY LINE ROAD, ROUTE 38, OR THATCHER ROAD
- CROSSING HIGHWAYS MUST BE AT A PERPENDICULAR ANGLE OF 90 DEGREES
- COMPLETE STOPPING BEFORE CROSSING ANY STREET
- GOLF CARTS MAY BE OPERATED DURING DAYLIGHT AND NIGHTTIME HOURS
- MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE VILLAGE
- POLICE DEPARTMENT MUST INSPECT GOLF CART BEFORE ISSUING PERMIT
- GOLF CARTS IN VIOLATION OF THE CODE ARE SUBJECT TO TOW
- PERMITS – JUNE 1 THROUGH MAY 31, COST OF $15 PER CART BY MAY 31