On Tuesday, the Village of Maple Park passed an ordinance that restricts how long you can have your garbage cans out at the curb. This is a normal rule that many municipalities have. The wording in the ordinance, like many ordinances, says that the village can fine you up to $750.00. This language is in many of our ordinances where enforcement may be necessary. The Village of Maple Park will NEVER start out with a fine of any amount. The first thing we will do is let you know, most likely via letter, explaining the rule. We only want compliance, this is not a revenue maker for the village. The only time a fine would be assessed is if you do not comply after the village has tried to work with you.
The meat of the ordinance reads as follows:
Containers for Collection. No person shall dispose of any garbage, refuse or ashes anywhere in the Village except as herein provided. Such material shall be placed in secured or in covered containers, as herein provided, for collection by a licensed garbage and refuse collector. All containers for garbage, yard waste and refuse shall be placed by residents at the curb line of the premises served not earlier than 3:00 p.m. on the day before the scheduled collection, and shall be removed on or before 9:00 a.m. the day after the collection is made. No container shall be placed so as to constitute a nuisance to adjacent property or to the occupants thereof.
Please, if you have questions please call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
As promised, the Strategic Plan is online for your review. Remember when you attended that public meeting last fall? This is the culmination of a lot of work by the Board of Trustees, staff, residents, and NIU’s Center for Governmental Studies. We are hoping to bring some (if not all) of these goals to fruition in the future.
Strategic Plan 2018-2023 (1145 downloads)
Do you have a street light out in your neighborhood? Please call the village office at (815) 827-3309 with the address closest to the light that is out and we will be happy to take care of it.
You can also send an email to email@example.com and make sure you include the address closest to the street light so we can get it taken care of.
We don’t know it’s out unless you tell us that it’s out.
Would you like your utility bill to be on time, every time? The Village of Maple Park has a direct debit program that is easy to sign up for. Just complete the
Auto Debit Form (1041 downloads)
, attach a voided check and send it over to the village office. You can mail your form and voided check to P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL 60151, or you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your bill amount will then be debited from your account. You will still get a bill, so you can keep track of your water usage, but no more writing checks! If you have questions about the direct debit program, call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE ENROLLED IN THE DIRECT DEBIT PROGRAM
Did you not know that the village would ticket if you are parked on the street after a 2″ snow fall?
Did you not know that garbage pickup is delayed one day due to the holiday?
Did you hear about an event after it was too late?
Would you like to be notified when something is happening in your town that would be of interest to you?
Did you not know that you needed a vehicle sticker for your vehicle?
You can sign up for Blackboard Connect, the Village of Maple Park’s notification system, and receive phone calls, texts or emails. Click here to sign up for Blackboard Connect. If you have problems with this link, please call the village office at (815) 827-3309 and we can get you added.
Or you can email the village clerk at email@example.com. If you would like to update your information you can also contact the village office and we can get your information updated.
STAY UP-TO-DATE ON VILLAGE NEWS, MEETINGS, AND EVENTS
Board of Trustees Approves Refuse / Recycling Contract with Waste Management
On September 4, 2018, the Maple Park Board of Trustees approved a 5-year contract with Waste Management for Refuse and Recycling services. Beginning in February 2019, resident costs will go down and more services will be added. More to come…
Golf Carts now require an inspection and a permit in Maple Park! ($15 permit fee per year)
A golf cart is defined in 625 ILCS 5/1-123.9 and means a vehicle specifically designed and intended for purposes of transporting one or more persons and their golf clubs or maintenance equipment while engaged in the playing of golf, supervising the play or maintaining the condition of grounds on a public or private golf course. A motorized vehicle with three (3) or four (4) wheels that is not designed to be operated at a speed of more than twenty-five (25) miles per hour.
All persons operating a golf cart or a utility terrain vehicle on the streets under the jurisdiction of the Village of Maple Park must ensure compliance with the following requirements:
- Proof of Liability Insurance – Driver must carry it with the vehicle at all times
- Valid Driver’s License
- Age Requirement – Driver must be age 18 or older
- Registration with the Village of Maple Park
- Required Equipment:
- Brakes and brake lights;
- A steering apparatus;
- Rearview mirror;
- Approved “slow moving vehicle” emblem on the rear of the vehicle;
- Headlight that emits a white light visible from a distance of at least 500 feet;
- Taillamp that emits a red light visible from a distance of at least 100 feet;
- Any additional requirements which may be required by the Illinois Compiled Statutes, as amended.
- Occupants: The maximum number of occupants in such vehicles shall be deemed to correspond with the total number of seats available on the particular vehicle.
- Golf Carts and Utility Terrain Vehicles require the following seating requirements. All children under the age of 13 must be securely fastened with a seat belt while the vehicle is in operation. Children that are unable to sit up on their own with a seat belt, must be secured in a proper child safety seat.
If the vehicle is not equipped with a turn signal, the operator of the vehicle will use current accepted hand signals to signal turning.
- MUST COMPLY WITH ALL TRAFFIC LAWS
- NO DRIVING ON SIDEWALKS
- VILLAGE STREETS ONLY – MUST STAY OFF OF COUNTY LINE ROAD, ROUTE 38, OR THATCHER ROAD
- CROSSING HIGHWAYS MUST BE AT A PERPENDICULAR ANGLE OF 90 DEGREES
- COMPLETE STOPPING BEFORE CROSSING ANY STREET
- GOLF CARTS MAY BE OPERATED DURING DAYLIGHT AND NIGHTTIME HOURS
- MUST HAVE A PERMIT FROM THE VILLAGE
- POLICE DEPARTMENT MUST INSPECT GOLF CART BEFORE ISSUING PERMIT
- GOLF CARTS IN VIOLATION OF THE CODE ARE SUBJECT TO TOW
- PERMITS – JUNE 1 THROUGH MAY 31, COST OF $15 PER CART BY MAY 31
Are you planning to install a pool in your back yard? Or a shed? Before you do any work on your home, please check the municipal code on the village’s website at www.villageofmaplepark.com to check to see if you need a permit. Chances are you do need a permit. Don’t get caught doing a project without a permit.
The Village of Maple Park will be citing residents that do work without a permit.