State Representative Jeff Keicher will be at the Village Office on Friday, October 25, 2019, to speak to village residents. Do you have a question, complaint, compliment? Come over between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. on that day.
Tag: Maple Park
The Maple Park Family Fund is accepting names of families and individuals who would benefit from assistance during the holidays due to serious financial and or medical crisis.
If you or anyone you know are in need, please contact us or fill out a form. Forms can be found on the bulletin boards at the Post Office, Casey’s and Bootleggers, or by contacting Julie Little at (815) 739-1729, or Barb Moisa at (815) 762-5875.
All names and forms must be returned by November 1st to qualify for assistance.
All names are confidential.
*This is not a village sponsored program.
A Halloween community event to bring out the ghosts and goblins! Bring your decorated golf cart/UTV and yourself in your spookiest attire and parade in your cart thru Maple Park.
There is no fee to participate.
Registration and check-in will be 1:15 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. prior to the parade in front of the Civic Center in Maple Park.
Parade starts at 2:00 p.m. SHARP!
In the spirit of Halloween, participants are highly encouraged to pass out candy to the spectators.
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes will be awarded for the most decorated/spookiest golf cart/UTV!
*This is not a Village of Maple Park sponsored event.
Virgil Township Solid Waste Disposal District will be hosting a used tire and appliance drop off for Virgil township residents Saturday, October 19, 2019, with Collection hours from 9 a.m. to Noon!
Virgil Township Residents may bring unwanted appliances and used tires for recycling and disposal. Appliances and be dropped off at the Virgil Township Office, 49 W 181 Winters Road, Maple Park.
All Appliances, including stoves, refrigerators, microwaves, air conditioners, washers and dryers are accepted. Hazardous materials, electronics and non-recyclable materials are not accepted. If you have questions regarding the acceptability of your drop-off goods please contact Virgil Township at (815) 827-3383.
All used tires including passenger car, light truck, motorcycle and RV are accepted.
NO LARGE TRUCK OR TRACTOR TIRES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Thank you for your participation!
Virgil Township Solid Waste Disposal District
P.O. Box 189, Maple Park, IL 601581
Saturday, October 12, 2019
Draw Down 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Dance 8:30 p.m. – 11:30 p.m.
TICKETS TO DRAW DOWN AVAILABLE FROM ANY MAPLE PARK FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT MEMBER FOR $25.00
COST FOR ENTRANCE TO DANCE IS $10.00 PER PERSON
FEATURING BACK COUNTRY ROADS
ELECTRONICS & BOOKS ONLY
540 S. Randall Road
St. Charles, IL
8 a.m. to Noon
Join Shodeen Homes for their Twilight Open House, October 3, 2019, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. They will be opening all current available inventory homes across the Western Suburbs. Visit great quality homes that are built in award winning school districts and near local amenities. A raffle for gift cards and refreshments will be provided.
730 Elizabeth St, Elburn
04N435 Norton Glen Drive, Campton Hills
406 Mary Ann Circle, Sycamore
115 E. Ashton Drive, Maple Park
630-232-8181 | www.shodeenhomes.com
Maple Park Village Code – Clear and Concise
Are you confused about whether or not you can park a trailer at your residence? This information was widely distributed in 2018, but it needs to be repeated often for new residents, and those of you who may not have gotten the information.
Recreational Vehicles and Trailer Parking is prohibited on any village street or parkway at any time for more than 48 hours. Recreational vehicles and trailers may only be parked or stored on surfaces paved with concrete, asphalt, or paving stones. It also should be noted that RVs, recreational vehicles and trailers can only be parked on an approves surface (see above) that is behind the line of the garage, and cannot be parked on a lot that is on a corner without special permission from the village.
Below are flyers that may help with the confusion:
- 7-4-3 Trailer Parking Prohibited (566 downloads)
- Property Maintenance Flyer June 2018 (498 downloads)
- 5-3-3 Junk; Inoperable Vehicles (515 downloads)
- 5-1-1 Nuisances (538 downloads)
- 5-4-2 Plants and Weeds (537 downloads)
- 5-9-1-5 Open Burning and Recreational Fires (515 downloads)
- 11-9-3 Additional Parking Regulations (548 downloads)
You can see the entire code at: Village Code.
If you should ever have any questions about any of these please call the Maple Park Village office at (815) 827-3309 or the Maple Park Police Department at (815) 827-3286.
ELECTRONICS, BOOKS, DOCUMENT SHREDDING, & PAINT
540 S. Randall Road
St. Charles, IL
8 a.m. to Noon
Census workers will be out and about doing address canvassing from now until October. If you see a census worker, please feel free to ask them for identification.
In mid March 2020, you should be receiving a questionnaire in the mail. This is called a “self-response” questionnaire. Please try to answer as many questions as you comfortable with.. Some of the ways that this information is used:
- Make decisions at all levels of government
- Drawing federal state and local legislative districts
- Attracting new businesses to state and local areas
- Distributing over $675 billion annual in federal funds and even more in state funds
- Forecasting future transportation needs
- Forecasting future housing needs
- Designing public safety strategies
- Creating maps to speed emergency services to households in need of assistance
Every household will have the option of responding online, by mail, or by phone.
Nearly every household will receive an invitation to participate in the 2020 Census, from either a postal worker or a census worker.
- 95% of households will receive their census invitation by mail.
- 5% of households will receive their census invitation when a census taker drops it off. In these areas, households may not receive mail that their physical location (like households with a post office box, or areas that have recently been affected by natural disasters.
- Less than 1% of house holds will be counted in person by a census taker, instead of being invited to respond on their own. We do this in very remote areas, like parts of norther Maine, remote Alaska, and in select American Indian areas that ask to be counted in person.
For more information: Census Flyer (503 downloads)