New Residents

We're glad you're here Clip Art


image of maple leafWe welcome you to the Village of Maple Park. Below is some information that we though you might be interested in. Please feel free to call the village office at (815) 827-3309 if you should have any questions.

The Maple Park Board of Trustees meet on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7 p.m., at the Civic Center, located at 302 Willow Street, Maple Park.

There are also 3 committees that meet as follows:

Infrastructure – 2nd Tuesday, 7 p.m.
Personnel and Communications – 3rd Tuesday, 7 p.m.
Finance and PR&D – 4th Tuesday, 7 p.m.

Agendas are posted the Thursday before each meeting. You will find the agenda on our website and posted on the bulletin board at the front door of the Civic Center.


Contact the Board:

Kathy Curtis, Village President

Bart Shaver, Trustee

Kristine Dalton, Trustee

JP Dries, Trustee

Luke Goucher, Trustee

Chris Higgins, Trustee

Brandon Harris, Trustee

Contact the Staff:
Lou Larson, Building Inspector

Mike Miller, Public Works Director

Dean Stiegemeier, Police Chief

Karen Clifton, Police Sergeant

Cheryl Aldridge, Village Accountant

Liz Peerboom, Village Clerk

Vehicle Stickers and Animal Tags are required in Maple Park:

Vehicle Stickers
Car Clip Art
Every vehicle registered to an address in Maple Park is required to have a vehicle sticker. Vehicle Stickers are $25 per vehicle and are due May 31st of each year.Vehicle stickers help offset the cost of maintaining the streets in Maple Park. New residents have 30 days to purchase their vehicle sticker(s). Vehicle Sticker Application (199 downloads)

Animal Licenses
Every dog and cat in the Village of Maple Park needs an animal tag. Animal tags are $5 per animal Picture of Dog and Catand residents can only have a total of 3 animals. Animal tags are due May 31st of each year. New residents have 30 days to purchase their tag(s).   Animal Tag Application (200 downloads)

Garbage day is Wednesday in Maple Park:

Garbage Service
Picture of Recycling BinGarbage service is provided by Waste Management, but is billed on your water bill, every two months. One garbage cart and one recycling cart is provided to each residence. If you move in and find that there is not one of each of these, please contact Waste Management at (800) 796-9696. If you have a question about the billing for garbage service please contact the Village Office at (815) 827-3309.

Golf Carts & Utility Terrain Vehicles

Golf Cart Clip ArtIn 2011, the Village of Maple Park approved an ordinance allowing golf carts and utility terrain vehicles on village streets.

The requirements are as follows:

  • Proof of Current Insurance:  Driver must carry proof of insurance with the vehicle.
  • Driver’s License:  Driver must have a current valid government issued driver’s license.
  • Age requirement:  Drive must be of the age of eighteen (18).

Required Equipment:  Golf carts and utility terrain vehicles must be equipped as follows:

  1.  Brakes and brake lights;
  2. A steering wheel apparatus;Picture of a John Deere Gator
  3. Tires;
  4. Rear view mirror;
  5. Approve “slow moving vehicle” emblem on the rear of the vehicle;
  6. Headlight that emits a white light visible from a distance of three hundred feet (300″) to the front of which must be illuminated when in operation;
  7. Tail lamp that emits a red light visible form a distance of at least one hundred feet (100′) from the rear which must be illuminated when in operation;
  8. Any additional requirement s which may be required by 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/11-1426.1, as amended.

Familiarize yourself with this code.  Chapter 11 Golf Carts and Utility Terrain Vehicles (530 downloads)

Water / Sewer Service

Water faucet clip artThe Village of Maple Park provides water / sewer service for its residents. Water/Sewer/Garbage is billed every two months and is due on the last day of the month.  New residents should contact the Village Office when they move in to get their name on the water bill.

The Village of Maple Park accepts cash, checks, money orders, and cashiers checks. You can pay in person, mail your payment or drop it in the drop box at Village Office. Residents can also pay for their water / sewer / garbage bill with an e-check, or a credit / debit card using the E-Pay link on the website.

Plants, Grass & Weeds

Picture of a Lawn Mower with grassThe Village of Maple Park has an ordinance that regulates grass, plants and weeds. But, if you don’t know about it, you probably won’t be in compliance. The village wants to work with you as a property owner to keep your lot looking nice.  Please look over the code and familiarize yourself with it.     Chapter 4 - Plants & Weeds (359 downloads)

Burning PermitsBon Fire Clip Art

The Village of Maple Park requires residents to apply for a burning permit if they are going to have any type of fire on their property. This permit is free of charge and the Fire Chief will come to your property to approve the site where the fire will be. Burning Permit Application (224 downloads)

Building Permits

bldg permit clip artBuilding Permits are required for most things that you do to your home. This includes but is not limited to:  fences, windows, decks, roofs, basement remodels, sheds. You can get more information by calling the village office at (815) 827-3309. You can submit your building permit application via email, in person, or by mail. Bldg Permit Application (Misc) (201 downloads)   Bldg Permit Application (NEW Construction) (193 downloads)

PaymentsDollar Sign Clip Art

Payments for water bills, vehicle stickers, animal tags, tickets, etc., can be paid online on our website, or in person at 302 Willow Street, Maple Park, or you can mail your payment to P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL, 60151. We accept cash, checks, and credit/debit cards for all payments.

Village of Maple Park Official Website © 2016