Village of Maple Park Residents
Garbage Pickup Information
At Your Door Special Collection
The Village of Maple Park and Waste Management have entered into a new five agreement for waste hauling service effective February 1, 2019. The new monthly rate effective February 1, 2019 is $18.72 per home.
The agreement provides residents with the following new services.
- Household hazardous waste and electronics pickup through Waste Management’s At Your Door Special Collection. Service is unlimited and included in your monthly rate. See the other side of this flyer for more program details.
- Residents currently have 64 gallon refuse carts. Residents have the option of a larger 96 gallon refuse cart. Seniors have the option of a smaller 35 gallon cart. Please contact Village Hall before December 14, 2018 to request a different cart size. Cart swap requests made after December 14, 2018 will be subject to a cart exchange fee.
- Residents currently have 64 gallon recycle carts. Residents have the option of a larger 96 gallon or a smaller 35 gallon recycle cart. Please contact Village Hall before December 14, 2018 to request a different cart size. Cart swap requests made after December 14, 2018 will be subject to a cart exchange fee.
- Beginning February 1, 2019, residents will be billed direct from Waste Management. Residents will be billed quarterly in advance.
- Payment terms are net 30 days from date of invoice with late fees being assessed after day 30. There is a resume service fee for residents on cutoff status due to non-payment.
- The following is a summary of the billing transition schedule.
- The Village, who bills in arrears, will invoice November & December in early January.
- Waste Management will mail residents their first invoice at the end of January for the months of February, March and April.
- The Village will invoice January in early March.
- Residents may sign up for Automatic Payments by going online to www.wm.com under My Account. A customer id which is on the invoice is required to sign up.
- Residents can manage their account through the above websites or through Waste Management’s Mobile App. Waste Management’s Customer Service is also available through e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or over the phone at 800-964-8988 to assist you.
- Please visit home.wm.com/maple-park for a summary of services available to you as a resident of Maple Park.
At Your Door brochure (66 downloads)
Because of the inclement weather on Monday, Garbage collection in Maple Park will be delayed by one day. Therefore, collection this week will be on Thursday, November 29.
With winter upon us, the Public Works Department would like to remind residents of the winter parking prohibitions. Please do not park along any village street during snow falls of two inches or more. Violators may be ticketed or towed. With your cooperation, this will help in getting the roads cleared as quickly as possible.
The Maple Park Village Code reads as follows:
7-4-1-1: PARKING PROHIBITED AFTER SNOWFALL
A. It shall be unlawful to park any vehicle on any public street in the village at any time after a snowfall of two inches (2″) or more has occurred.
B. Any person, firm, partnership, corporation or association found violating the provisions of this section shall be subject to a fine for each violation of this section and may be subject to towing of said vehicle. The cost of said towing shall be the obligation and the expense of the vehicle owner. (Ord. 2013-05, 4-2-2013)
It is with great pleasure that the Maple Park Board of Trustees announce the hiring of Lou Larson as the new Public Works Director. Mr. Larson has over 25 years of experience in municipal government, and years of construction experience. He holds an Associates Degree from Kishwaukee College and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Northern Illinois University. Mr. Larson also worked for the City of DeKalb from October 1993 to June 2014. He is currently employed with the Village of Maple Park as Building Inspector.
While employed with the City of DeKalb, Mr. Larson worked in the Building Department, the Community Development Department, and Public Works. While there, he supervised staff and projects, worked on budgeting, and snow removal at the airport. Mr. Larson’s first day will be on Monday, December 3, 2018.
Looking for a warm place to walk?
The Village of Maple Park opens its gym to residents free of charge to walk in the winter months (October 23, 2018 through April 30, 2019), from 7 a.m. to noon Monday through Friday.
Come on down and walk this winter!
*Residents walk at their own risk
*Maple Park Residents only
Do you have a street light out in your neighborhood? Please call the village office at (815) 827-3309 with the address closest to the light that is out and we will be happy to take care of it.
You can also send an email to email@example.com and make sure you include the address closest to the street light so we can get it taken care of.
We don’t know it’s out unless you tell us that it’s out.
DOES YOUR HOUSE LOOK LIKE THIS?
Probably not, but in Maple Park, property maintenance has become a bit of an issue lately. The Village of Maple Park is working on a solution to this issue, which we hope will be better for the residents. If you should see something that you would like to report to the village, when it comes to Code Enforcement or Property Maintenance, please feel free. We have set up an email address for those complaints.
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. This email will be monitored during business hours.
Would you like your utility bill to be on time, every time? The Village of Maple Park has a direct debit program that is easy to sign up for. Just complete the
Auto Debit Form (656 downloads)
, attach a voided check and send it over to the village office. You can mail your form and voided check to P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL 60151, or you can email it to email@example.com. Your bill amount will then be debited from your account. You will still get a bill, so you can keep track of your water usage, but no more writing checks! If you have questions about the direct debit program, call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE ENROLLED IN THE DIRECT DEBIT PROGRAM