Village Residents FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. When is the Maple Park Gymnasium open for walkers?

A. Maple Park Gymnasium is Open for Walkers FREE OF CHARGE!
Only From November 1st thru April 30th
Located at 302 Willow St.
Open Monday – Friday 8:00am to noon.

Q. What are the rules for temporary signs in The Village?

A. Chapter 11-10-10 of the Maple Park Village Code – Signs Permitted in All Zoning Districts “Shall not require a sign permit”

L. Temporary signs no larger than 32 square feet in area advertising political candidates. Such signs must be removed upon close of event.

Political Signs do not require a permit; however, you do need to need to follow the regulations in the county in which you will be placing the sign.

Q: Can the Civic Center Gym/Parks/Pavilion/Grounds/Civic Center Kitchen be rented in Maple Park, and how can I rent them?

A: Yes, there is information about the fees and guidelines along with the rental applications, which are located in the Parks and Facilities Rental page. You can also view the Park Rental page for pictures and information to help plan your event.

Q: How do I dispose of Electronics properly?

A: Residents of Maple Park can call for an “At Your Door” Special Collection at 800-449-7587. You will receive a packet with instructions on how to recycle your item(s). You don’t even have to take it to the curb, they will pick it up at your door.

Recycling Links:
Kane County Recycles
2024 Kane County Green Guide

Q: What company provides Garbage/Recycling pickup in Maple Park, how do I contact them?

A: Residential waste and recycling services are provided by Waste Management, you can reach them through the website or via phone. Waste Management Contact Information and Phone Number 1-800-964-8988

Q: When is garbage/recycling pickup, and does this day ever change?

A: Garbage is scheduled for pickup every Wednesday, garbage/recycling cans should be placed on the curb before 6:00 A.M. the morning of pickup. The only time Waste Management does not pickup on Wednesday is if there was a holiday observed by the company on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, in the event that there was a holiday, the service will be delayed by one day (for that week only).

Q: When do I get billed for Water/Sewer, and what are my options for payment?

A: Water & Sewer is billed every two months by the Village of Maple Park. The Village Water Department accepts traditional payment methods, and electronic payments. Bills are due on the last day of the month. We encourage everyone to sign up and participate in the Direct Debit Program, which is an electronic service by completing and returning the Direct Debit Form which is located in the Forms, Info & Applications page. You can now pay for utility bills using the E-Pay link in the left menu. 

Q:  What should I do with my yard waste?

Yardwaste can be placed out on garbage day (in a separate container) from April 1 to November 30. Maple Park does not allow the burning of leaves.

Yardwaste includes grass clippings, leaves, trimmings, branches and other material accumulated as the result of the care of lawns, shrubs and trees. Grass and leaves must be in marked 32 gallon trash cans or brown Kraft paper yardwaste bags.

Yardwaste does NOT include flower arrangements, pumpkins, bales of straw/hay, cornstalks, dirt, or sod.

Branches and tree limbs must be tied into bundles no more than 4 feet long or 2 feet in diameter and must weigh less than 50 pounds.

Trees, stumps, and branches larger than 2 inches in diameter cannot be collected as yardwaste.

Christmas trees will be collected from Christmas through the first two weeks of January. Trees must be free of all decorations and cannot be in plastic bags.

For more information, you may call Waste Management at 1-800-964-8988.

Q: Do I need to get Vehicle sticker(s) for my vehicle(s), how do I get them?

A: Yes, all Maple Park vehicle owners that have vehicles that are registered within the state of Illinois and reside within the corporate limits of Maple Park and must be displayed on the right quadrant (passenger’s side) of the front windshield, and be visible at all times. Vehicle stickers must be purchased annually before May 31. The sticker information, prices, fees, and application is available on the Forms/Info page. You can now pay for vehicle stickers using the E-Pay link in the left menu.

Q: Do all vehicles require a sticker?

A: No, the following motor vehicles are exempt: motorcycles, motorbikes, motor scooters, or vehicles licensed by the Secretary of State. Vehicles owned or operated by the Village of Maple Park or the Maple Park and Countryside Fire Protection District, or if the owners possess antique vehicle plates, or handicapped vehicle plates they will need a vehicle sticker, but they are free of charge. More information is available in the Forms/Info page.

Q: I received an Ordinance Violation for not having a vehicle sticker, why?

A:Vehicle stickers must be purchased annually before May 31st.The Maple Park Police Department has been instructed to pursue violators to the fullest extent. A copy of the Ordinance is available from the Village Clerk at 302 Willow Street and Online Village Codes . You can now pay for police tickets using the E-Pay link in the left menu.

Q: What happens if I do not purchase a vehicle sticker before May 31st?

A: Failure to display the current sticker by May 31st will result in the purchase of a sticker plus the late fee per ordinance. Late fees are assessed as follows: After June 1 – late fee of $10.00; after July 1 – late fee of $25.00; after August 1 – the Village of Maple Park will initiate legal proceedings to collect said fee and late charges. More information is available in the Forms, Info & Applications page.

Q: What are the steps/process to start a business in Maple Park?

A: We have a web page that walks you through the process and provides links to all the forms and info needed : New Business Steps & Info.

Q: Does Maple Park require Building Inspections and Permits?

A: Yes, Building permits are required. You can find the applications on the village’s website. For building or zoning questions you can call the village office at (815) 827-3309. Complete details are listed on the Village Departments page.

Q: What is TIF?

A: TIF stands for Tax Increment Financing. The Village of Maple Park has a TIF District presently in force. For detailed information please refer to IL TIF Info.

Q: How do I contact the Village?

A: There are several ways to contact the Village whether it is a compliment, question, suggestion, concern or a complaint:
Form Submission: Submit Info To Village Of Maple Park
Phone: (815) 827-3309

Q: Who do I contact if there is an issue with or involving the Railroad?

A:You can contact Union Pacific Railroad directly. Please call 1-888-UPRRCOP (877-7267) to report any of the following:

  • Hazardous materials releases
  • Personal injuries
  • Criminal activities
  • Illegal dumping
  • Vehicles stuck / stalled on the tracks, or other track obstructions
  • Other environmental issues, such as:
  • Petroleum Spills
  • Idling locomotives
  • Engines with excessive smoke

Q: Who do I contact for utilities?

A: Our Links page has a complete listing of utilities and contact information.

Q: Who do I contact if there is a street light that is out or not working?

A: You can contact ComEd Street Light Maintenance

Q: Does Maple Park offer any kind of activities/sports for children?

A: Yes, there are several activities and sports that are available several times throughout the year. Please check the Village website regularly for current activities and sports. If you would like additional activities/sports to be listed on the website please send an email to: and include all the information you would like posted along with your flier or application in Word or PDF format.

Q:  How do I know if there is a sexual predator living in my neighborhood?

A:  You can use one of the many websites to search your address, like Family Watch Dog. Just click on the link and then enter your address, city, and state. It then brings up a list of offenders and their addresses.

Q: How does a resident get on one of your Boards and Commissions?

A:  Complete and return the Trustee Appointment Application or the Planning & Zoning Commission Appointment Application and return to the Village Clerk.