It is with great pleasure that the Maple Park Board of Trustees announce the hiring of Lou Larson as the new Public Works Director. Mr. Larson has over 25 years of experience in municipal government, and years of construction experience. He holds an Associates Degree from Kishwaukee College and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from Northern Illinois University. Mr. Larson also worked for the City of DeKalb from October 1993 to June 2014. He is currently employed with the Village of Maple Park as Building Inspector.
While employed with the City of DeKalb, Mr. Larson worked in the Building Department, the Community Development Department, and Public Works. While there, he supervised staff and projects, worked on budgeting, and snow removal at the airport. Mr. Larson’s first day will be on Monday, December 3, 2018.
Village of Maple Park Residents
Garbage Pickup Information
At Your Door Special Collection
The Village of Maple Park and Waste Management have entered into a new five agreement for waste hauling service effective February 1, 2019. The new monthly rate effective February 1, 2019 is $18.72 per home.
The agreement provides residents with the following new services.
- Household hazardous waste and electronics pickup through Waste Management’s At Your Door Special Collection. Service is unlimited and included in your monthly rate. See the other side of this flyer for more program details.
- Residents currently have 64 gallon refuse carts. Residents have the option of a larger 96 gallon refuse cart. Seniors have the option of a smaller 35 gallon cart. Please contact Village Hall before December 14, 2018 to request a different cart size. Cart swap requests made after December 14, 2018 will be subject to a cart exchange fee.
- Residents currently have 64 gallon recycle carts. Residents have the option of a larger 96 gallon or a smaller 35 gallon recycle cart. Please contact Village Hall before December 14, 2018 to request a different cart size. Cart swap requests made after December 14, 2018 will be subject to a cart exchange fee.
- Beginning February 1, 2019, residents will be billed direct from Waste Management. Residents will be billed quarterly in advance.
- Payment terms are net 30 days from date of invoice with late fees being assessed after day 30. There is a resume service fee for residents on cutoff status due to non-payment.
- The following is a summary of the billing transition schedule.
- The Village, who bills in arrears, will invoice November & December in early January.
- Waste Management will mail residents their first invoice at the end of January for the months of February, March and April.
- The Village will invoice January in early March.
- Residents may sign up for Automatic Payments by going online to www.wm.com under My Account. A customer id which is on the invoice is required to sign up.
- Residents can manage their account through the above websites or through Waste Management’s Mobile App. Waste Management’s Customer Service is also available through e-mail at email@example.com or over the phone at 800-964-8988 to assist you.
- Please visit home.wm.com/maple-park for a summary of services available to you as a resident of Maple Park.
At Your Door brochure (122 downloads)
Do you have a street light out in your neighborhood? Please call the village office at (815) 827-3309 with the address closest to the light that is out and we will be happy to take care of it.
You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and make sure you include the address closest to the street light so we can get it taken care of.
We don’t know it’s out unless you tell us that it’s out.
DOES YOUR HOUSE LOOK LIKE THIS?
Probably not, but in Maple Park, property maintenance has become a bit of an issue lately. The Village of Maple Park is working on a solution to this issue, which we hope will be better for the residents. If you should see something that you would like to report to the village, when it comes to Code Enforcement or Property Maintenance, please feel free. We have set up an email address for those complaints.
The email address is email@example.com. This email will be monitored during business hours.
Would you like your utility bill to be on time, every time? The Village of Maple Park has a direct debit program that is easy to sign up for. Just complete the
Auto Debit Form (680 downloads)
, attach a voided check and send it over to the village office. You can mail your form and voided check to P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL 60151, or you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your bill amount will then be debited from your account. You will still get a bill, so you can keep track of your water usage, but no more writing checks! If you have questions about the direct debit program, call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE ENROLLED IN THE DIRECT DEBIT PROGRAM
The Village of Maple Park would like to let residents know that leaf burning is prohibited. Leaves can be placed in a paper bag or a plastic or metal can and placed at the curb for pick up by Waste Management on Wednesdays through November 30. Click here for ordinance. All other burning requires a burning permit from the village.
Burning Permit Application (70 downloads)
YOU CAN HAVE A BONFIRE!
GET YOUR FREE BURNING PERMIT TODAY!
Did you not know that the village would ticket if you are parked on the street after a 2″ snow fall?
Did you not know that garbage pickup is delayed one day due to the holiday?
Did you hear about an event after it was too late?
Would you like to be notified when something is happening in your town that would be of interest to you?
Did you not know that you needed a vehicle sticker for your vehicle?
You can sign up for Blackboard Connect, the Village of Maple Park’s notification system, and receive phone calls, texts or emails. Click here to sign up for Blackboard Connect. If you have problems with this link, please call the village office at (815) 827-3309 and we can get you added.
Or you can email the village clerk at email@example.com. If you would like to update your information you can also contact the village office and we can get your information updated.
STAY UP-TO-DATE ON VILLAGE NEWS, MEETINGS, AND EVENTS
Are you looking for a way to recycle your batteries and don’t want to just through them in the garbage? Bring them to Village Hall, located at 302 Willow Street, Maple Park, and we will recycle them for you! The iRecycling “bucket” will be available during business hours. Maple Park Residents ONLY. No large batteries, such as the battery that would go in your car. Questions? Call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
GOOD NEWS! We have filled one container of batteries and recycled them. We will continue to accept batteries at the village office. If you have any batteries that you would like to recycle please feel free to bring them in!
Run for Office in 2019!
There will be 3 Maple Park Trustee seats on the ballot on April 2, 2019 Consolidated Election. Is it time for YOU to step up and have your voice heard? What better way than to be a Trustee!
Petition packets will be available beginning at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, September 18, 2018 at village office located at 302 Willow Street, Maple Park. Deadline to return the petition packets is December 17, 2018, at 5 p.m.
If you should have any questions please contact the Village Clerk at (815) 827-3309.