The Village of Maple Park, with an overabundance of caution, has decided to close the Civic Center to the public beginning on Thursday March 19th, which also includes Maple Park village hall. We will continue to staff the offices and operate as normal and are still available to answer your calls.
We also will be handling building permits on an appointment only basis – just give us a call at 815-827-3309 and we can set up an appointment time for you to come in to village hall to drop off or pick up your completed permit.
As always, you can pay your water/utility bill online through the e-Pay system, drop your payment off at the Drop Box located outside of village hall, or through your banking institution.
We sincerely appreciate everyone’s patience, understanding, and vigilance as we all work through this very difficult time. We are all in this together!
In light of the Governor’s recent Executive Order and the recommendations from the health experts of no gatherings larger than 25 people, the Village of Maple Park has made the decision to cancel the Public Hearing and Planning Commission meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 19th and the Finance Committee meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 24th.
We will continue to assess the situation regarding the COVID-19 virus, and reschedule these cancelled meetings as soon as possible.
We apologize for the inconvenience, and thank you for your continued patience.
The Maple Park Police Department will be implementing the following procedural changes in response to the COVID-19 situation.
Please access the letter from Chief Stiegemeier at the link below.
COVID-19 PD Procedures
In light of the very active and ongoing COVID-19 situation, effective immediately the Village is enacting the following measures to ensure the continued health and safety of all our residents:
- We are cancelling any scheduled rentals for the gym and kitchen, and will not be taking any additional reservations of those facilities until after March 30th, as we will continue to monitor and assess the situation before that date. This includes the access to gym walking in the mornings. We realize this will be an inconvenience to those of you that frequently utilize the facilities on a regular basis, and we apologize for having to make such a drastic decision. But in the best interest of the health and safety of all our residents, we felt this was the right thing to do.
- We encourage you to pay your water bills on line through our e-Pay system link on the Village website (villageofmaplepark.org), place them in the drop box in front of the civic center, or utilize electronic payments through your bank.
- In light of the announcement to close all bars and restaurants effective at 9:00pm Monday, March 16th, curbside pickup or delivery may be available from your favorite establishments. We encourage you to contact them directly to see what services they may offer.
- All video gaming operations will also be suspended effective at 9:00 pm on Monday, March 16th through Monday, March 30th. This includes machines that are not located inside any bar or restaurant.
- We’ve also wanted you to be aware of the procedural changes in the Maple Park Police department, which is posted separately.
Thank you all for your patience and understanding, as together we attempt to move past this situation and on to better times.
If anyone has any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us at village hall at 815-827-3309.
The Village of Maple Park
The following information was received from the Kane County Health Department regarding the Coronavirus, COVID-19. There is some very useful and informative items for everyone. Just click on the link below.
Here are some additional links and how the Village of Maple Park is approaching the situation:
Maple Park Village Response
Department of Public Health
Guide to Businesses and Employers
Waste Management has just announced that they are suspending indefinitely any bulk item pick ups from their routes, We will notify you as soon as we hear of any updates or changes to their route schedules or services.
However, yard waste service has not been affected and will run from April 1st through November 30th.
Waste Management’s annual report can be accessed at the link below.
Maple 2019 Park Annual Report
Kane County has now released their 2020 recycling guide! It gives you all kinds of information regarding recycling events, drop off locations, what types of recyclables are accepted, and a host of other good information regarding recycling. Click on the link below for their recycling guide.
2020 Kane County Recycling Guide
Also, Kane County is now providing a new option for proper disposal of worn U.S. flags. See the link below to the News Release from Kane County.
Flag Recycling Option
The Kaneland Community Unit School District recently sent the village a copy of their Strategic Plan for 2020. We have a copy of this report in the village clerk’s office for anyone who would like to read through the report, and I have also added a link here for anyone who would like to read it online,
Kaneland 2020 Strategic Plan
Is the cold weather putting a crimp in your exercise schedule? Come on out to the gym for some fun and exercise and join other walkers staying in shape! The gym will be open for walkers beginning on November 1st from 7:00 am to Noon Monday through Friday (excluding any holidays) and running through April 30th.
Because of the current weather conditions, the Center street paving project has been postponed until late March early April. Curran has ensured us that this project will be first on their priority list when the weather breaks. Please follow the website for further updates. We apologize for any inconvenience.