The Village of Maple Park is seeking a qualified individual for the position of Part-Time Public Works Maintenance Worker. Under the direction of the Public Works Director/Building inspector, this position also works closely with the Public Works Maintenance Assistant. The position is responsible for landscaping activities such as mowing, sweeping, planting, trimming trees and shrubs, litter clean up and weed whacking. Assists with snow removal operations, including snow fence installation, snow and ice shoveling, plowing, blowing and sweeping on Village properties, roads, parking lots and sidewalks. Performs maintenance work such as pothole patching, culvert cleaning and gravel replacement. Assist with water, sanitary sewer and storm sewer maintenance, may assist with meter reading. Assists with maintaining the Civic Center, including janitorial duties, basic carpentry and painting and boiler maintenance. May assist with detention pond maintenance, including aerators. Assists in maintaining Village equipment and vehicles. May respond to resident, business/property owner complaints and performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must have a valid Illinois Driver’s License, Class B preferred or able to obtain a Class B CDL with air brake and tanker endorsements within six (6) months
- Must have a personal cell phone and be able to use it for limited work use
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift up to 100 pounds
- Capable of climbing ladders, stairs, withstand heights, and operate machinery, tools or office equipment
- Must be able to maintain regular and predictable attendance on scheduled work days
- Able to withstand exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
The Village of Maple Park is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Salary and Benefits:
The hourly rate is between $18.00 and $25.00 per hour, depending on qualifications. Hours are from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. one day per week.
How to Apply/Respond:
Applications accepted through Tuesday, May 25, 2021.
Please click on the link for a copy of the Job-Description-PW.pdf (129 downloads) or call the Village of Maple Park at (815) 827-3309. If interested in applying, submit a completed Village of Maple Park Application for Employment, cover letter, resume and three (3) references to Village Administrator, Dawn Wucki-Rossbach, email@example.com.