All vehicles in Maple Park are required to have a vehicle sticker. The cost of these stickers helps offset the maintenance of the roads in Maple Park. If you don’t have a sticker, the police department will first issue warnings, then they will start ticketing.
Vehicle stickers were due May 31st and notices went out April 30th. Vehicle stickers are now $50 per vehicle.
New residents have 30 days to get their vehicle stickers at a cost of $25 per vehicle.
If you should have any questions please contact the Maple Park village office at 815-827-3309.
Click here to view the Maple Park Village Code. Click on Title 7, Chapter 2 on the left.
Vehicle Sticker Application (18 downloads)
Three Easy ways to pay:
- Email the completed application to email@example.com, using your debit/credit card for payment;
- Mail the completed application with payment (check, debit/credit card) to Village of Maple Park, P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL, 60151, and we will mail you your vehicle stickers;
- Stop in the village office at 302 Willow Street in Maple Park, complete your form and pick up your vehicle stickers.
We must have a completed form and payment in order to issue vehicle stickers.
Garbage pickup will be delayed one day in Maple Park, due to the 4th of July holiday. Therefore, garbage pickup will be on Thursday this week, instead of the normal Wednesday pickup. It will resume the normal schedule next week. If you should have any questions please feel free to contact the Village Office at (815) 827-3309. Please note: We are closed on Tuesday, July 4th for the holiday.
The Maple Park Village office will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2017, in observance of Independence Day. The office will re-open at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
The Finance Committee meeting that was scheduled for Tuesday, June 27, 2017, has been cancelled. The next meeting is scheduled for July 25, 2017.
The Maple Park Planning Commission is looking for candidates to fill a vacant position on the Planning Commission. The Planning Commission meets as needed and would discuss anything from Zoning Map Amendments to Subdivision of Property. This is a non-paid position.
Please do your civic duty and get involved in your municipality.
If interested complete the
PC Member Application (179 downloads)
and return to the Village Clerk at P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL, 60151, or via email. If you should have question please call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
Golf Carts & Utility Terrain Vehicles
In 2011, the Village of Maple Park approved an ordinance allowing golf carts and utility terrain vehicles on village streets. Over the weekend, people were reported to have been driving the golf carts that were under age. You must be over the age of 18 to drive a golf cart or utility terrain vehicle on Maple Park Streets.
The requirements are as follows:
- Proof of Current Insurance: Driver must carry proof of insurance with the vehicle.
- Driver’s License: Driver must have a current valid government issued driver’s license.
- Age requirement: Drive must be of the age of eighteen (18).
- Required Equipment: Golf carts and utility terrain vehicles must be equipped as follows:
- Brakes and brake lights;
- A steering wheel apparatus;
- Rear view mirror;
- Approve “slow moving vehicle” emblem on the rear of the vehicle;
- Headlight that emits a white light visible from a distance of three hundred feet (300″) to the front of which must be illuminated when in operation;
- Tail lamp that emits a red light visible form a distance of at least one hundred feet (100′) from the rear which must be illuminated when in operation;
- Any additional requirement s which may be required by 625 Illinois Compiled Statutes 5/11-1426.1, as amended.
Please familiarize yourself with this code. Chapter 11 Golf Carts and Utility Terrain Vehicles (0 downloads)
There is an Energy company going door to door in Maple Park. This company is NOT affiliated with the Village of Maple Park. You are not required to show anyone your utility bill. If you don’t want to be bothered with door to door sales please put up a NO SOLICITOR SIGN or don’t answer the door. Solicitors are required to have a license in Maple Park and to receive a license they go through a background check. If you should come across an aggressive sales person or if you aren’t sure if they have a license, please call the Maple Park Police Department’s non-emergency number at (815) 827-3286. If you feel unsafe call 911.
Would you like your utility bill to be on time, every time? The Village of Maple Park has a direct debit program that is easy to sign up for. Just complete the
Auto Debit Form (252 downloads)
, attach a voided check and send it over to the village office. You can mail your form and voided check to P.O. Box 220, Maple Park, IL 60151, or you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your bill amount will then be debited from your account. You will still get a bill, so you can keep track of your water usage, but no more writing checks! If you have questions about the direct debit program, call the village office at (815) 827-3309.
THERE IS NO CHARGE TO BE ON THE DIRECT DEBIT PROGRAM
Are you planning to install a pool in your back yard? Or a shed? Before you do any work on your home, please check the municipal code on the village’s website at www.villageofmaplepark.com to check to see if you need a permit. Chances are you do need a permit. Don’t get caught doing a project without a permit.
The Village of Maple Park will be citing residents that do work without a permit.